Wadham, Tim. (2015.) Wordplay for Kids: A Sourcebook of Poems, Rhymes, and Read-Alouds. Chicago, IL: ALA Editions. 978-0-8389-1266-9.
- Begins with a list of suggested age-appropriate poems, ranging from choral poetry and nursery rhymes to short, humorous selections and longer narrative poems, all designed to be shared orally
- Includes read-alouds that encourage engagement, such as folklore, fairy tales, mythology, and fables
- Suggests an activity directly based on each read-aloud, with handy information about target audience and size, program length, setup time, and materials and supplies needed
- Comes with a planning calendar showing the length of time necessary to complete the program
- Features a booklist of additional titles that can be used to create even more programs