Butler, Rebecca P. Smart Copyright Compliance for Schools: A How-To-Do-It Manual. New York: Neal-Schuman, 2009. ISBN: 9781555706463
This book helps you create policies and procedures to keep your school "right with copyright." It's a great resource to share with administrators. -- Jen
Introduction to proactive copyright compliance -- The copyright policy -- The process -- Copyright procedures -- Training -- Auditing the copyright compliance process -- Feedback and conclusion
From the publisher:
Make sure your school district is legal!
• Define copyright compliance and establish procedures
• Involve/meet with all stakeholders
• Write or update a copyright policy
• Conduct training sessions
• Develop auditing processes and procedures
• Maintain copyright compliance district-wide
Superintendents, school administrators, teachers, technology coordinators, aides, school boards, and especially library media specialists will find this resource invaluable.