So what makes one version of a fairy tale something to purchase and another version something to skip? What factors do you consider when deciding whether or not to order a certain nonfiction title? This book offers ways to make selection a more concrete process. Click here to see the full table of contents. -- Jen
From the Publisher's Description:
Make better book choices with more confidence!
• Establishing general criteria and following guidelines
• Choosing diverse material
• Using selection tools effectively
• Special selection criteria for specific genres, including picture books, fiction, genre fiction, folk literature, rhymes, and poetry
• Special guidelines for selecting particular subjects
You ’ll learn how to:
• Ask the right questions
• Probe the intellectual content of the subject
• Examine the worth (quality, value, merit) of a book
• Verify the bottom line --is it worth the price?