Crane, Beverley. How to Teach: A Practical Guide for Librarians. Lanham, MD: Scarecrow, 2014. ISBN: 978-0-8108-9105-0
- gives you just enough background on learning theory, how to plan good instruction, and how to deliver it.
- helps you assess the advantages and disadvantages of face-to-face and online instruction and selecting the best mode for your content.
- Illustrates instructional strategies to employ and provides model lesson plans for creating online and face-to-face instruction.
- highlights ways of using individualized instruction either by itself or as a complement to other teaching. Examples include how to create LibGuides and videos.
- features lesson plans with step-by-step instructions and hands on ways to create objectives, present activities, and evaluate instruction.