Again based on data from over 100 library moves, Moving Library Collections: A Management Handbook, Second Edition is written from the perspective of today’s library, with added guidance for dealing with larger holdings of electronic resources, as well as space limitations in storage and on the shelves. There is also updated coverage of average book widths, using project management software, and moving archival materials, as well as special guidelines for small libraries.
• Provides 84 illustrations including sample forms, spreadsheets, “how-to” drawings illustrations, operations analysis charts, tables, and more
• Includes an updated annotated bibliography of over 230 articles, books, and websites related to library moves and their planning
• Updates the highly acclaimed resource on library moves with more coverage of electronic holdings, dealing with space limitations, small libraries, and more
• Covers all types and sizes of moves, from small collections to entire libraries
• Draws extensively on the experiences—good and bad—of others involved in moving library collections