This book is the newest edition of the acclaimed guide to the best recreational and educational reading for children in preschool through grade 6.
This indispensable selection guide brings together information on nearly 25,000 of the best fiction and nonfiction for children in preschool through grade 6. Fully updated, including thousands of new entries published since the previous edition, it is an invaluable resource for making sure your children's collection is one your young patrons—and their parents and teachers—will enjoy.
As always in the Best Books series, the authors have carefully culled the most trusted professional review sources to identify the most highly recommended new books for children. Brief annotations, bibliographic data, grade level appropriateness, and review citations help you identify books of high quality, while the book's topical arrangement makes it easy to create theme- and genre-based reading lists. New features include indication of titles available in audio and, where available, lexiles.
• 25,000 annotated entries on recommended children’s books
• Helpful indexes, including author/illustrator, title, and subject/grade level
• Thousands of new entries since the previous edition
• Draws recommendations for books from a wide range of trusted review journals
• Helps librarians build reading lists based on themes and genres