Many librarians don’t have the technical expertise needed to create online tutorials.
Creating Online Tutorials: A Practical Guide for Librarians will help guide them through the basics of designing and producing an online tutorial. Through practical examples, the book will guide librarians just starting the process of creating an online tutorial from start to finish and will provide tips that will be useful to librarians with more experience in designing online tutorials.
This detailed roadmap for designing and producing online tutorials covers:
- When to consider a tutorial
- Needs assessment
- Choosing the right technology
- Selecting and organizing instructional content
- Planning—script, images, narration, other design elements
- Assessment as a primary design element
- Maintenance and updating
- Online tutorial resources
After reading this book, new tutorial developers will have a practical, customizable blueprint that will enable them confidently address the creation of their first online tutorials, and experienced developers will learn efficient techniques to create and enhance future tutorials that are attractive, effective teaching tools.