- explains what STEAM is and why it’s important for libraries;
- provides evidence-based research on summer slide, the achievement gap, and 21st century learning skills;
- walks readers through building a cultural partnership, collaborating efficiently, and sustaining the relationship into the future;
- offers tips for managing institutional change;
- provides guidance for developing a new vision for summer at the library, with pointers on adding learning tracks to existing programs and addressing design challenges;
- details how CPL evaluates and assesses their program; and
- includes templates for a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), mission statement, logic model, and sample Summer Learning Challenge evaluations.