This book covers the many issues surrounding eBooks in circulating libraries including technology, acquisition, and training. You'll learn how to launch a program, what to buy, how to let your public know you've added eBooks to your collection, and how to circulate the materials. The guide will also help you with decisions like vendor selection, how many eBooks to purchase, which delivery platforms to employ, how best to offer access, and licensing agreements.
Table of Contents
- Why should you offer ebooks?
- How did we get here?
- How do libraries get ebooks?
- Implementing a vendor-based ebook collection
- Connecting patrons to your ebooks collection
- Evaluating the success of your new collection
- Increasing and expanding your ebook collection
- Other considerations