- sketches in the origins of literature targeted at young adults;
- shows how the best of the genre has evolved to deal with subjects every bit as complex as its audience;
- closely examines teen demographics, literacy, audiobooks, the future of print, and other key topics;
- includes updated treatment of best-selling authors like John Green, Suzanne Collins, and Veronica Roth, plus interviews with leaders in the field;
- presents new and expanded coverage of perennially popular genre fiction, including horror, sci fi, and dystopian fiction;
- offers an updated overview of LGBTQ literature for young adults, including Intersex;
- covers such commercial trends as adult purchasers of YA books and the New Adult phenomenon; and
- features abundant bibliographic material to aid in readers’ advisory and collection development.