The challenge is substantial: library managers today must adopt a new mindset in order to perform a broad spectrum of activities and attract new users who are not traditional library patrons. Small Libraries, Big Impact: How to Better Serve Your Community in the Digital Age helps readers to meet the challenge of serving diverse users via a community-centered library.
Table of Contents
- Libraries, users, and communities : an introduction
- Improving community outreach
- Supporting social justice and rights of access to information
- Effecting social transition
- Nourishing diversity
- Fostering collaboration and entrepreneurship
- Using outreach as marketing tool
- Bridging the digital divide
- Re-envisioning library spaces
- Assessing user needs and improving user services.