- defines literacy and reading skills by grade levels, in addition to information on other developmental stages;
- explains multiliteracies and connects them to programming practices;
- provides step-by-step program planning guides, arranged by grade level, which include book-based programs, clubs, makerspaces, afterschool/study programs, author/guest visits, family/all age programs, impromptu programming, and many others;
- offers STEAM-based programs which connect to science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics;
- gives advice on collaborating effectively with school librarians and teachers to plan school field trips;
- addresses large event and summer reading program planning;
- shows how to program for children with special needs; and
- shares tips and suggestions for getting the word out through advocacy and marketing.
Check out this book’s Web Extra now!