Note: We also have the main volume of the 9th edition.
A to Zoo is a beloved favorite of children's librarians everywhere, providing easy subject access that helps you build your collection and enhance programs and reading lists for young children. Covering children's picture books published in 2014 and 2015, this supplement complements the ninth edition of A to Zoo, enabling public and school librarians to easily identify recent books about animals, careers, character traits, foreign places, holidays, sports, and more. Like the well-loved main edition, the supplement's simple organization helps you prepare themed story times, programs, and curricular units. Of course, it will also be indispensable for both readers' advisory and collection development.
The supplement follows the same format as the main edition, providing a subject guide to fiction and nonfiction picture books for children in grades Pre-K to 2 followed by a bibliographic guide and title and illustrator indexes. The book's nearly 1,800 entries add to the more than 14,000 entries in the ninth edition, making identification of the right books for your audience easy—and engaging.
- Offers quick access to subjects of interest to young children
- Provides easy-to-understand subject headings that can be used by patrons as well as professionals
- Helps in preparing reading lists and organizing storytime themes
- Covers a broad range of subjects to meet the needs of librarians, teachers, parents, and homeschoolers
- Features user-friendly organization
- Includes in-depth indexing and full bibliographical details