Eschewing mere theory in favor of real-world examples, editor Thomsett-Scott and her contributors offer to-the-point advice for getting up to speed with the world of social media. Ideal for newbies ready to get serious about marketing with social media, as well as practitioners on the lookout for ways to improve existing efforts, this LITA guide will save readers time and effort by providing basic information on the most popular and cutting-edge marketing technologies. With best practices for engaging library users across multiple platforms, this book:
- Draws from a range of experiences, with examples from different library types and sizes
- Includes case studies of successful social media efforts using Facebook, wikis, video-sharing sites, Pinterest, Google+, Foursquare, blogs, Twitter, and QR codes
- Offers tips for maintaining a steady flow of content, coordinating with colleagues, planning for sustainability, and using built-in analytics for evaluation
- Features numerous screen shots and illustrations
- Provides a resource list at the end of every chapter, allowing readers to dig deeper
- With the valuable information contained in this guide, libraries can reach their users and create connections that resonate with them.