- discusses the importance of bilingual programming in the lives of Latino and Spanish-speaking children, addressing the unique educational and informational needs of bilingual children;
- provides 18 ready-to-use program plans for bilingual storytimes, suitable even for storytime leaders who don’t speak Spanish;
- includes several templates for designing bilingual storytimes, arranged by specific age groups;
- recommends numerous children’s books, songs, and professional resources to assist librarians as they plan their bilingual programs;
- explores the opportunity for digital media usage in storytimes for Latino and Spanish-speaking families, with examples of apps that can help meet the multiple literacy needs of bilingual children; and
- suggests ways to perform outreach to Spanish-speaking and Latino communities, emphasizing the importance of relationship-building and community collaboration.