- lays out the fundamentals of metadata, including principles of metadata, structures of metadata vocabularies, and metadata descriptions;
- surveys metadata standards and their applications in distinct domains and for various communities of metadata practice;
- examines metadata building blocks, from modeling to defining properties, and from designing application profiles to implementing value vocabularies;
- describes important concepts as resource identification, metadata as linked data, consumption of metadata, interoperability, and quality measurement; and
- offers an updated glossary to help readers navigate metadata’s complex terms in easy-to-understand definitions.
Friday, April 15, 2016
Metadata, 2nd edition
Zeng, Marica Lei and Jian Qin. Metadata. 2nd edition. Neal-Schuman, 2016. ISBN: 978-1-55570-965-5
This new edition offers a comprehensive look at the metadata schemas that exist in the world of library and information science and beyond, as well as the contexts in which they operate. It is useful as either a course text or a reference guide to working professionals and features:
Table of Contents
A detailed table of contents is available on the publisher's web site.