Moorman, John A., ed. Running a Small Library, 2nd ed. New York: Neal- Schuman, 2015.025.1Runni, 2015 ed. .025.1Runni 2015 ed. ISBN9780838912737
- Budgeting, from planning to advocacy
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures
- Maintaining facilities
- Acquisition, cataloging, and collection development and management on a shoestring
- Programming, outreach, and community partnerships
- Library technology, from computers and networks to automation systems and beyond
Also featured is an updated resource section listing furniture, automation, book, and periodical vendors;electronic discussion and support groups; professional organizations; and resources for more information. This book is a must-have for any solo librarian or library manager with a small staff.
to discover the most recent additions to our LIS collection and search our catalog (http://oregon.gov/OSL/index.shtml) for our complete holdings. The library science collection is meant to support the whole Oregon library community. The Library Development Division welcomes your suggestions for acquisitions - see the blog for an input form or email us!
Be sure to check out our Library and Information Science (LIS) blog (http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/)