- Contains some 30,000 annotated entries on recommended children's books for readers in pre-K through grade six
- Provides helpful indexes for easy and quick access, including author/illustrator, title, and subject/grade level
- Offers annual updates online to keep librarians abreast of current releases
- Draws recommendations for books from a wide range of trusted review journals
- Helps librarians build reading lists based on themes and genres
Wednesday, May 6, 2015
Best Books for Children: Preschool through Grade 6
Barr, Catherine & Naidoo, Jamie Campbell. (2015). Best Books for Children: Preschool through Grade 6; 10th Ed. Santa Barbara, CA: Libraries Unlimited. 978-1-59884-781-9.
Along with coverage of many new publications and updated bibliographic information, this new edition features an organization modified to reflect current publishing trends. The book now features separate Graphic Novels, Alphabet, Concept books, and Counting books sections (the latter three traditionally were included in Fiction for Younger Readers) and a new Traditional Literature section that covers Fairy Tales, Folklore, Mythology, Poetry, and Nursery Rhymes. In addition, Plays have been moved to Theater and Plays, under Performing Arts.