Hernon, Peter, Robert E. Dugan, and Joseph R. Matthews. Getting Started with Evaluation. Chicago: ALA Editions, 2014.
- Presents an overview of evaluation and the types of metrics, linking them to strategic planning and infrastructure
- Examines qualitative versus quantitative measures
- Shows how to decide which metrics are relevant to one’s own institution, covering benchmarking, best practices, peer group filters, and those metrics that offer a high return on investment
- Includes pointers for launching and maintaining successful library evaluation through flexibility and smart delegation among library staff
- Offers advice on marshaling data to effectively communicate the value and impact of a library and its services, no matter the audience
Table of Contents