Whether you're a veteran librarian in need of new ideas or a fledgling library media specialist, you need resources that will help improve your program, promote your facility to patrons and teaching staff, and save valuable time. The constant advancement of information technology makes it that much harder to keep your facility current.
Many school librarians face similar inquiries, such as students confused about writing citations, teachers seeking a quick way to plan a research unit, parents seeking advice on getting their child to read, or a volunteer needing instruction on shelving books. All are valid and urgent questions requiring immediate responses. In today's digital world, answering these questions is both easier and more complicated. While the plethora of online applications allows easier sharing of documents, the latest technologies have also raised new issues and added new complications.
The second edition of Essential Documents for School Libraries provides practical written and online solutions to common challenges in school libraries. Integrating traditional and electronic means of communication, this book provides invaluable sample documents backed up by a carefully reasoned approach and practical guidelines for the strategic management of any school library. These essential documents not only improve your ability to work with teachers and students, but also help you use your library to build a positive school culture.
• Provides dozens of ready-made forms in one place to help improve efficiency
• Includes a handy CD-ROM containing essential forms
• Offers a printable, web-enabled map of all documents that serves as a general guide to the contents of this book
• Supplies planning documents for achieving major goals, publicity documents to promote the library, teaching documents related to information literacy, and programming documents to facilitate collaborative teaching
• Presents practical, hands-on suggestions for enhancing your library
• Offers all new Web 2.0 tools and strategies for communicating, promoting your library, and solving common problems
• Brings experience and expertise in an easy-to-use package to school libraries